Sunday, August 28, 2011

A night at the beach - alone !

It has been my dream since a long time to spend a night at the beach all alone ! But I never had a chance... reasons being many. But on 14th August 2011, after returning from a trip to Araku and Borra waterfalls with friends, I went to beach with them at 11:30 in the night. This wish of being alone on a seashore has been inspired by many writings of people who found solace in the seashore. I too wanted to experience that wonderful feeling of being close to the sea and to gift some peace to my too disturbed mind. I asked my friends to leave me alone. Though they have let me sit alone they were still around guarding me yet keeping my privacy. However, I was still not alone because there were other people around me who were having fun at the beach. I walked into the beach and stood in the waters for sometime. But I still could not be alone due to the loud voices of people around and due to my scattered thoughts. I came back and sat down. At a distance, a few crabs started moving in and out of their holes. I started observing them. In fact, I was a little scared when a saw a big crab coming out.   I thought of changing my place and stood up. When I started walking, I had observed that the crabs went inside as soon as they sensed movement. Then I realised that the movement of crabs, noises of people and my own thoughts were all distractions that deviated me from enjoying my time alone at the sea. I went back into the water, told myself that I would not get distracted by anyone or anything around. Then my focus went beyond the waves which touched my feet to the high tides behind them. At times, my focus was disturbed when I mistook my own shadow to be someone else's and when I looked back, there was no one except my friends who were protecting me from a distance. Then I looked back into the sea, and after a while, I felt as if I was floating in the middle of the sea and I could only see a few lights on the other side of the shore. I loved that feeling and continuously gazed at the lights on the other side and I was on my way virtually reaching them. Suddenly, when I looked back, I saw no one around me including my friends (they went for a walk). I was finally alone at the beach !!!! I continued to enjoy my virtual ride in the sea till my friends called me to come back as it was time to go back.
On that day I realised that if I have to enjoy my success in doing what I want to do, I should
1. avoid distractions by focusing on what I want and where I want to go.
2. avoid fear of anything by trusting those who are with me all the time.
3. get ready to take risk by trusting God who would never leave me in my journey.

I told the sea "My dear sea ! I will come back for more lessons ! "

Thanks to my friends (Raj, Omi, Sridhar, Avanthi and Vaishnavi) who helped me fulfill my dream !!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, being at the sea is a dream of mine too.. I dunno, when my dream comes real..

    ReplyDelete